1.About this Policy
- This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our customers, how we use it and how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to it.
- We may collect, use and store your personal data, as described in this Data Retention Policy and as described when we collect data from you.
- We reserve the right to amend this Data Retention Policy from time to time without prior notice. You are advised to check our website for any amendments (but amendments will not be made retrospectively).
- We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk). For the purposes of the GDPR, we will be the "controller" of all personal data we hold about you.
2.Information we collect and why
|Type of information||Purposes||Legal basis of processing|
|Visitor's e-mail address.
||For contacting visitors who subscribe to our newsletter.
||For the purposes of our legitimate interests in promoting maisondeboeuf.com.
||Used to track visitors' activity when browsing the site.
||To record and understand how visitors interact with our website. For the purposes of our legitimate interests in recording visitor data.
3.How we protect your personal data
- We will not transfer your personal data outside the EU without your consent.
- We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
- Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- For any payments which we take from you online we will use a recognised online secure payment system.
- We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
4.Who else has access to the information you provide us?
- We will never sell your personal data. We will not share your personal data with any third parties without your prior consent (which you are free to withhold) except where required to do so by law or as set out in the table above or paragraph below.
- We may pass your personal data to third parties who are service providers, agents and subcontractors to us for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (e.g. to print newsletters and send you mailings). However, we disclose only the personal data that is necessary for the third party to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own purposes.
5.How long do we keep your information?
- We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as you are a customer and for as long afterwards as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. We will review your personal data every year to establish whether we are still entitled to process it. If we decide that we are not entitled to do so, we will stop processing your personal data except that we will retain your personal data in an archived form in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations e.g. compliance with tax requirements and exemptions, and the establishment exercise or defence of legal claims.
- We securely destroy all financial information once we have used it and no longer need it.
- You have rights under TheGDPR:
- to access your personal data;
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed;
- to have your personal data corrected;
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances;
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed;
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ (telephone 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745).
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
For more details, please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices in writing to our head office: The Nest Bryn Road Pontllanfraith, Blackwood, Gwent, NP12 2EX, United Kingdom.